Sunday, January 4, 2009

Start of 2009, Back to the Real World

Happy New Year!!! This is the start of a new year, and thus, the end of my vacation :( I had a wonderful two weeks off from work. That's one great thing about being a teacher--when the kids are off, so are we.


For Christmas I went to my dad's, Virginia's, and my mom's. It was so good to see everyone and relax in Temecula for a few days.






New Year's Eve was uneventful but enjoyable. I think I was in bed by 10:30. A couple of days later I went hiking with Jackie and David. She's about 8 months pregnant, so we made it about a mile in before we had to turn back. I was pretty proud of her :) That night I had David, Jackie, and Debbi over for dinner. We had delicious crisp tortilla stacks with roasted corn and black beans. I also made a fantastic cilantro sauce to go on top.


Saturday was also a great day. I went to Temecula with Bhavini. We did lunch and wine tasting at Ponte, dessert at Wilson Creek, and hung out with friends and watched the Chargers game and listened to live music at Public House. It was a great way to end out vacation.





Now I'm counting down the minutes before I go to bed. As soon as I do, I know the night is going to fast-forward to morning, and it will be time to get ready for work again :( I don't want to think about it. I'll think about Spring Break instead! Hopefully I'll be able to go out to Texas to visit Alicia, Ben, and the girls.

My New Year's Resolution this year is to read the Bible in its entirety. I have "The One Year Bible" that Ema gave me when I was a little girl, and so far I've been on track (I know, a whole four days!).

I hope everyone else is doing well.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment